Paulo Dybala has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus for the fourth time in six weeks.
The Argentinian ace confirmed last month he had contracted the COVID-19 virus, shortly after Serie A action had been suspended due to the global pandemic.
But, according to the Spanish TV program El Chiringuito, Dybala is struggling to shake off the disease.
They claim he has delivered a total of four positive tests in the last six weeks despite no longer having many of the symptoms.
That places his status over a return to action in severe doubt with Serie A players allowed to return to training from Monday, May 4.
Dybala and other players are due to be allowed to undertake individual training in public from Monday.
Juventus – including Cristiano Ronaldo – and other clubs are set to be allowed to return to training in groups on May 18 to work towards a resumption of the season.
“We are passionate about sport and don’t want our athletes to get sick.
“I’m passionate about football. Like many Italians, I initially found it strange that the championship could be interrupted or suspended but I think that even the most ardent fan understands that there wasn’t an alternative.”
Dybala recently opened up on his coronavirus battle alongside girlfriend Oriana Sabatini and their symptoms.
Today’s Top Football Stories On Daily Star
- Liverpool hero Michael Robinson dies
- Key possible season dates
- Where the 14 players LvG bought are now
- Liverpool Mbappe & Nike theory debunked
“Luckily [we are] much better, these days we do not have any symptoms,” said Dybala.
“I had stronger symptoms, I got tired very quickly, when I wanted to train, I was short of breath after five minutes. There we noticed that something was not right and through the tests, the club did we were told that we were positive.
“From there we had more symptoms, such as cough, tired body and when we slept I felt very cold, but from the club they had told us that we were going to be fine so we had to be calm.”
SOURCE: DAILY STAR